This year I had decided NOT to celebrate (then it wouldn't happen and I wouldn't be any older...right ?) but my amazing husband had other plans :)
We started off with a crazy plane ride to Salt Lake on Friday evening, when we arrived we found THE birthday sign up alerting everyone to my sisters and my birthday (her birthday is the day before mine) The next day we started off the day bright and early with a breakfast buffet at Golden Corral, wow that was quite a spread ! The boys were excited to find the cotton candy and chocolate fountain...I think 95% of their morning intake was straight sugar ! Then Ryan and I were off on our "URBAN" adventure, while Grandma took the children on their own adventures (thanks Mom and G.G. !) Ryan and I caught the Front Runner in Farmington and rode to SLC, then took TRAX to the Capital Theatre. It was super fun to ride the "train" and we felt so Urban doing it, coming from a little town with two (I think) buses this was a big deal for us
("I guess we aren't in Kansas anymore ")
At this point I must apologize, we forgot to take our camera with us so the following pictures were taken with Ryan's phone :)
We started off with a crazy plane ride to Salt Lake on Friday evening, when we arrived we found THE birthday sign up alerting everyone to my sisters and my birthday (her birthday is the day before mine) The next day we started off the day bright and early with a breakfast buffet at Golden Corral, wow that was quite a spread ! The boys were excited to find the cotton candy and chocolate fountain...I think 95% of their morning intake was straight sugar ! Then Ryan and I were off on our "URBAN" adventure, while Grandma took the children on their own adventures (thanks Mom and G.G. !) Ryan and I caught the Front Runner in Farmington and rode to SLC, then took TRAX to the Capital Theatre. It was super fun to ride the "train" and we felt so Urban doing it, coming from a little town with two (I think) buses this was a big deal for us
("I guess we aren't in Kansas anymore ")
At this point I must apologize, we forgot to take our camera with us so the following pictures were taken with Ryan's phone :)

When we arrived the street was packed with excited people, we have been waiting YEARS for this ! We took some fun pictures (before we were "STERNLY" told "NO PICTURES"!), bought a water and treats, stood in a WICKEDLY long line for the restroom and then settled down for the show.
All I can say is AMAZING! It was more than we imagined it to be...we knew the plot, the songs but we had no idea the "experience" of Wicked was so wonderful!
(Hummmm maybe I am secretly WICKED!)
LOVED LOVED LOVED IT...WHAT MORE CAN I SAY !

After the show, Ryan and I continued our "Urban" exploration...we walked along Main Street and then shopped City Creek. Again I have to say how beautiful this new mall is, wow what an upgrade ! I had fun popping in and out of the stores, Ryan kept busy trying not to look interested :) We found cool street art and fun fountains. There was a stop at the DISNEY store (of course) this place is definitely a Princess Heaven and one dangerous place for all the Princes that have to budget the kingdom :)
We made our way over to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner, we found a great table in the bar in less than 5 minutes instead of the 60 minute wait they had told us! Wow, it must be my birthday !We had a great dinner then took home some Cheesecake to share with everyone at home.



1 comment:
I almost got my camera taken away at Wicked,(in LA) too!!
Post a Comment