Monday, October 4, 2010

Welcome Fall !

WELCOME FALL !!! I am so happy for the beauty of fall, for the awesome (cooler) weather, the yummy treats and the wonderful opportunity to listen to another inspirational conference. I guess I was inspired by the gorgeous rain/thunder and lightning storm today, I made a yummy warm your tummy dinner and decorated for the season. Here are a few random thoughts, I have been meaning to post and finally got around to it. Happy Autumn !!!

I found this door hanger tucked into my shopping bag from Old Navy (I hope they gave it to everyone and I wasn't targeted for my haggard look!) I had a little laugh to myself and then I thought, I would hang it on the door and see what Ryan thought. I later heard him tell the boys very seriously,"this says Mommy is sleeping and we must be quite." He must of thought I was serious he he he! The next day was Saturday and it worked, they actually let me sleep in! Well not what I expected, but I will take it.


Although, on Monday, when Jordan woke up super early and Ryan tried to get him to crawl into bed with us he said, "no the pink sign is up, we can't wake up Mom."


One day after Preschool, Jordan was telling me about his day. He then told me that he had fallen and hurt his arm, I asked him if he was okay and this was his reply.

"It really hurts...I need a kiss REALLY bad" I wish I could always make everything better with my magical kisses :)

After seeing Tarzan, we were talking about how Gorillas eat all their fruits and vegetables to get so big and strong. I then said something about a banana tree, Parker said with such surprise in his voice "Bananas grow on trees?" At my confirmation he said, "huh, you didn't teach me that yet!" Wow, what a responsibility we have to teach these little ones! It is a humbling thought, because I am sure that they are both smarter than I am. I wonder what else I have forgotten to tell them, as I suffer from Mom-nesia or Mommy brain! ;)

The other day, the boys and I were talking about temples and how we can be together forever as a family because Ryan and I were sealed in the temple. Jordan looked at me with the sweetest most innocent face and said "and we will NEVER get lost"! Yes, Jordan, hopefully we will all return to our Heavenly Father as a family and NEVER get lost!

Traveling to preschool had given the boys and I lots of time to discuss things. On our way to Jordan's school we pass a cemetery. The other day Parker asked me,"Mommy why are there so many signs in that garden?" I explained that this was a cemetery or graveyard, and that this is where people that have died and gone to live with Heavenly Father are placed. We had a good discussion on the Plan of Salvation, I thought it went really well until I heard Parker explain to Jordan on our way home... "Jordan, that is the garden where we plant people when they get dead!" HUMMMM, I guess that we will have to try that conversation again later :)


and finally my little MIRACLE!

It was a typical crazy day as I rushed out the door, with the boys breakfast (yogurt drinks,bananas and granola bars)in my hands, on our way to take Jordan to preschool. I must explain that Jordan's school starts at 8:30 and is 14 miles away...clear across town! I got everyone strapped in and eating their breakfast, and started off on the long drive to the Wash. Rec. Center. We even have to go on the Freeway, and in St. George that is saying a lot!!! On the way, I glanced around for my phone...but I couldn't see it and I thought I should keep my eyes on the road and not begin searching the "bottomless pit" purse. After dropping Jordan off, I began earnestly looking for my phone. I remember picking it up and carrying it out with Jordan's food, then I put it on the roof while I strapped him in and peeled his banana.......OH MY GOSH...I must have left it on the roof of the car and drove off! I was in full panic mood now, Ryan and I have recent new phones and he would kill me. I jumped out of the car and ran around to Jordan's side to look in his car seat, "Please oh please be there", as I opened the door I saw a beautiful sparkle on the roof of the car! My phone had stayed, in the exact spot on the roof...through the 6 miles of freeway, several turns (made too fast) and countless stops!!! I know that someone was looking out for me, and I will never doubt the Princess Pink Sparkle Cover (and neither will Ryan). How's that for a miracle.






2 comments:

Alli E. said...

Love the "Mommy" sign, planting dead people and cool phone miracle!!

kami said...

What a cute posting! Your boys are growing up so fast. I love the cemetary lesson and the comment that followed :o)

I love that sign! I must find one just like it.