Monday, March 7, 2011

Feb. in review

Yes, I know it has been awhile ( I will explain later) and blogging had fallen into the want to do it...but just don't have the time or energy category. We did have an amazing month though and I wanted to share a few of the highlights.

First, we went to San Diego for a quick trip. We always love to party with Shamu and really enjoyed the weather. We also were there for the annual celebration of the Mormon Battalion arriving in San Diego, there was a big party and the kids got to do lots of crafts (we made a rope, a little pioneer boy doll and played pioneer games) we also learned about the pioneer way of life(we made biscuits over the campfire and made butter to go on it, got to make a brick, we got to wash cloths in the bucket and pan for GOLD) and Parker's favorite...march in a parade with a gun and pretend they were the battalion. That is the last time I want to see my boy run off, gun in hand excited to "march to war". It was like the old school Civil War movies (or The Patriot). Not what a mother wants to see.

Laura and her boys came to visit, it was soooooo good to see our boys cousins! The boys really had a ball, and enjoyed every pirate,superhero,army-man game they could think up!

Jordan and Spider Man "shootin-Webs"

We had a great Valentines Day weekend. Ryan and I were able to go to a fun neighborhood party on Sat. It was great to get to know more couples in the neighborhood and to strengthen our friendships. Our "basket" dinner that we made to share in the dinner trade. Grilled Chicken, baked potato and homemade rolls!


The boys and I made and delivered 76 valentines cards (including those at school)... I think they turned out pretty cute.

Jordan's school Valentines Party.

Our quick "road" trip (yes we drove) and stopped in Cove Fort. The boys had a blast!

My sister Jessica and her husband came for the long President's day weekend, we had so much fun. It started off with a dinner at Samurai 21, the kids even got to come. They loved eating with the chopsticks and loved the place...right up until the "FIRE". Both boys dove under the table and were very clear that they did not want to come back to the FIRE restaurant. :)




Dr. Seuss CRAZY birthday week. I guess most of the days fell in March, but who's keeping track :) The boys loved dressing crazy everyday, with crazy hair day...

Crazy hat day...

and Crazy sock day...WOW that is a lot of craziness for one week.

Also I have been covering a lot of shifts at the hospital (one of the girls is on maternity leave), so you could say life is even more busy than ever! I am so grateful to Grandma's that help us with the kids...and an amazing husband that always helps pick up the slack when I get a little scattered! He is truly a blessing in my life!

No comments: