We love Tuacahn, I am so glad we have such an amazing theatre right here in our own backyard! This year my Grandma and Aunt Daryl made their annual trek down to visit and see the Tuacahn plays. We were so excited to see Little Mermaid, since we had heard so much hype building it up. WELL...IT WAS DEFINITELY WORTH EVERY PENNY AND THEN SOME! The scenery was AMAZING, and the special effects were breath-taking. The boys were entranced from the opening notes to the fireworks at the end. Jordan squealed with delight as he watched with huge excited eyes as the "Pirate Ship" came on stage. I could see Parker pointing out everything to Grandma G.G. and Daryl as characters and props came out. The vocals were great, and like I said the scenery was spectacular. Some of our favorite family scenes...the fight scene between the chef and Sebastian, the "Under the Sea" , the electric eels and of course the fight scene at the end. THIS IS A DEFINITE MUST SEE !!!!
P.S. if you sit toward the front you get the add benefit of a slight mist to keep you cool :)
We also got to see Grease, one of my favorite musicals. It was great to hear the old familiar songs and to see a different twist in the storyline, but it wasn't John and Olivia. Surprisingly the boys liked it, and Parker LOVED "Grease Lighting" and does a great rendition of it. The old cars and bikes were cool, and the race scene was great. If I had to do it again, I would see Grease BEFORE Little Mermaid. It was a little less spectacular. The vocals were great, and Rizzo was amazing (wow, she really new how to use her assets!) After the show, the boys were excited to meet the characters. The PINK LADIES, were all over Parker (this was the one and ONLY time I have seen him shy away from all the attention) they were mauling "the cute little man"! Jordan just wanted to ride the Motorcycle, and had a really hard time understanding why he couldn't. I personally love the picture of us with Danny and Sandy...I love how sexy I look standing next to Sandy (HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?)!!!!
P.S. if you sit toward the front you get the add benefit of a slight mist to keep you cool :)
Thanks Grandma and Daryl for coming down and going to the plays with us, we loved it!



1 comment:
So fun! We just saw Little Mermaid last weekend and you're right, it was amazing. We saw Grease earlier in the season and I agree - not as spectacular but still a fun time.
Post a Comment