
When I asked why, they said the people in charge asked us to try to have the babies asleep...now I know why. We walked out to find this...gorgeous tables set up with beautiful pillows and blankets in the middle. This was their plan...

Sweet little babies as the center pieces! The center of our lives was now a centerpiece at the Jubilee of Trees. Amazing idea on paper, fun idea in reality. Taleah did amazing and slept so peaceful on her pillow...some of her friends had other ideas. Some were rolling off the pillows ( and into the place settings), I saw a little older one trying to grab the salt and pepper shakers! It was cute as the guests arrived, most were walking around looking at the "alive" babies like they were looking at the trees. One sweet little old lady ( a hundred if a day) almost had a heart attack when Taleah moved and she realized these little ones were "alive"!

We had a yummy lunch and a wonderful program, two Mommy's of NICU graduates and one of the amazing doctors that takes care of these precious tiny ones in the NICU. It was so good to hear the stories, although still so fresh in my mind...I spent the time crying as I watched my beautiful perfect little one sleep in the center of the table and had a sincerely grateful prayer in my heart. I can't even begin to express my gratitude to those Doctors and Nurses that saved my little Taleah, who were so supportive to Ryan and I. They made a terrifying, horrible experience bearable and a growing experience. The NICU is truly hallowed ground, I know that angels are there watching over everyone there. They guide the caregivers, they comfort the parents, protect and surround the little ones with comforting arms. When I saw this display of the a NICU room, I had a unexplainable urge to sit on "my chair" and nurse, or do skin-to-skin...luckily I was able to resist ;) There were lots of pictures of NICU graduates and some of their stories. We knew two of the "spotlighted" babies on the posters. Look for Taleah on the ceiling when you go!
Taleah and I are feeling much better than the last time we were sitting in a room like this. Thanks again to the amazing people at the NICU and for the Jubilee of Trees for this experience.
Taleah's first Santa Picture

3 comments:
Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics and experience of you and Princess
Taleah ["Princess Poinsettia"] Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas!!
Joyce R.
Tara, Thank you for sharing this beautiful memory. See you Wednesday, and I can't wait to hold her again.
Love, Daryl
You out did yourself on this one, as I read and cried as I read it. So thankful for those, and for our Heavenly Father for sending her to us to love and hug. We are so lucky for these three sweet angels we have in our midst. Love my Parker, Jordan, and Taleah so much. Glad and blessed to be so fortunate to be in their lives. Grammy Sylvia
Post a Comment