Thursday, March 29, 2012

6 months of Pure Joy


Yep, our baby Girl is 6 months old...half of a year!  Taleah has brought so much joy and happiness to our family.  This month she has learned to sit up big girl all by herself, she loves the freedom this gives her.  Taleah has learned to growl and does it often, one day Ryan called her a Velosiraptor and I said "That's not a very girly name to call her" he said "well, name a princess that growls then"...so Princess Velosiraptor it is! Taleah loves her brothers so much and laughs at anything they do, I have learned that if I want a cute picture with her looking and smiling all I have to do is have the boys say 'Smile" and she does! She has enjoyed watching her brothers basketball games and looks forward to soccer and t-ball season I'm sure:) Taleah had her first dance with her brother Jordan and she attended her first Parade of Homes with Ryan and I. She has learned to hold her bottle, which Ryan is so proud of...I guess a benefit of early morning breakfasts with Daddy. She has also started to "dive-bomb" me when she wants to eat, it can prove very embarrassing in public...but she is a girl who know what she wants! Taleah is up to 20 flights, with her first cross-country flight to D.C. which she did amazing on even though she was sick! She has started to be a Mommy's girl and a little stranger shy...I'm not sure how to deal with this as the boys never had this.
Taleah's six month also came with some not so pleasant surprises... our first round of croup, a nasty  battle with RSV (with hospital visits!)  a horrible/weird whole body rash, and a double ear infection that we can't clear up (we are on our THIRD antibiotic!)  She had been sleeping through the night before this started so hopefully when we get better, we will get back on that schedule...Mommy is too old for sleepless nights! She has lost a little weight and fell back to the 18th percentile :( so we will be working on starting her on cereal and hopefully get her back on the right track! 
We love this little bundle of pink and all that she brings to our family!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: