Saturday, April 14, 2012

Our Easter Weekend

We had a wonderful Easter Weekend this Year. It started with Jordan's birthday on Good Friday (just like the year he was born)! Then we had the Francoms come to stay with us that night and join us for the neighborhood party. The kids had a ball hunting eggs (this was the first year Ryan and I had to split up because Parker moved up to the big kid hunt!) Then we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. Taleah was the hit of the party dressed up as the Easter Bunny, and was fascinated by the eggs in the grass ( so much so that I couldn't get her to look at the camera:)
We then jumped on a plane and flew up to Grandma Kathy's and PaPa's house. The Easter Bunny found us there and we quickly looked at our baskets before 9am church! The boys got a haul of Star Wars and Lego stuff (I guess the Easter Bunny knows what we are into) and Taleah found her very first baby doll in her basket.
After church we all colored eggs and hunted them over and over again! Grandma's tulip and daffodils were out and beautiful!
Grandma Kathy and Grandma G.G. were generous with their gifts...check out the new Star Wars lunch pails (complete with Star Wars Sandwich cutters) and Super Hero Back Packs. Taleah and PaPa had so much fun playing with the singing duckie! She would laugh and giggle, but almost look a little scared when it would sing :) It was my baby brothers birthday on Sunday, he is serving a mission and has about a month left. A sweet sister in his area was having him over for a birthday dinner and had called my Mom to get a recipe for his favorite treat. Soooo, we knew the number where he was at. Well, we couldn't resist so we called, introduced ourselves, asked her to put the phone on speaker and sang "Happy Birthday" to him ( this is a tradition in our family that goes WAY back) We promptly hung up ( so we didn't talk to him and break the mission rules:) I can't wait for him to come home on Mother's Day Weekend !
I tried to get some great shots of the sweetest blessings in my life...they were mostly cooperative ! By the way did I mention how much fun it is to dress a GIRL on Easter? I love the frilly-poofy dress and new shoes...although Ryan was a little worried he was going to drop her (it was a little slippery:)
I am so grateful for my Savior, for his amazing sacrifice for me and for this wonderful season of rebirth and hope. I know that he lives and loves us all, and each time I look into the faces of my sweet little ones I can feel the Savior's love for me even more.
I love you all, and Happy Easter !

No comments: