I Love the 4th of July!!! It may be my favorite holiday (second only to Christmas). I love the feeling of this holiday, of community, patriotism, family...you know all the best stuff. I love our great nation...I know that things may look a little crazy and bleak, but I have faith that everything will be ok. How could it not, with such a great nation...great people and a great legacy! I love parades and fireworks...two important ingredients for this birthday party for our great nation. I have enjoyed the 4ths that we have spent as a family the past 5 years in St. George, but I felt it was time to make the pilgrimage home for a hometown Forth of July. We hadn't been to the Kaysville/Davis High parade since I was pregnant with Parker. I was so excited...I wanted the kids to see a REAL parade. I'm not trying to diss the parade here...but they are kind of lacking ( no marching bands, a few floats, etc.) and I was super excited to get out of the scorching heat.
We started off Sat. with a great, super awesome, amazing 2hr parade. My sister was able to save us great seats the day before...apparently you have to get your blankets down at least 24hrs before. We had a fun group, even Great Grandma GG came to watch the kids enjoy the parade. The parade started with a fly-by by the F-16 from HAFB and later two helicopters flew down the parade route. You don't see that everyday. Besides candy, we got a glass slipper (for my sisters little girl) 4th necklaces, stuffed animals , lots of Frisbees, balls and ties thrown at us.

Jordan quickly wore out of the battle for stuff and sat with GG for the rest of the parade.(she had bought the kids Cotton Candy...that may have influenced his decision!) Parker was a trooper and stood up almost the whole 2 hours, and was really good at getting things thrown at him...I guess they recognized his cuteness. After the parade was the best part, this should totally be done in St. George !!!

First a little background. As people gathered I noticed that everyone had HUGE buckets of water, lots of squirt guns and some even had trucks with the back full of water . I wondered "What was that all about?" I learned after the parade... they have what they call a WATER PARADE! The firetrucks, street cleaning trucks and a lot of floats with water, water guns (and they were not afraid to use them) came down the parade route and soaked everyone! There was a "DRY ZONE" where we were able to watch. Everyone was into this HUGE water fight...if you were in the street you were fair game! It was way fun, the boys loved it (they mostly watched from the sideline with Monster Squirt Gun envy!) I had no idea how much fun a community water fight was...maybe in a few years the boys can participate fully.
We then went to the Family Festival, where Kelly V. had a booth with Lia Sophia. It was great to see her there. They had 6-7 huge blowup slides and jumping booths that was FREE, so the kids spent a lot of time there. We all went home to take a nap, so we would be ready for the FIREWORKS! We again had awesome seats, and this year Parker and Jordan loved the fireworks. Papa gave Parker some "Gun Range" headphones...he loved to see the show, he just didn't want to hear it ! Jordan was really excited, but only make it a few minutes and then fell asleep...who falls asleep at a Firework show :)


The next day we went to the Francoms for a great BBQ and party. The boys loved the huge backyard, the trampoline and the fun games. Thanks Daryl and Jon for the fun time!!!
Jordan quickly wore out of the battle for stuff and sat with GG for the rest of the parade.(she had bought the kids Cotton Candy...that may have influenced his decision!) Parker was a trooper and stood up almost the whole 2 hours, and was really good at getting things thrown at him...I guess they recognized his cuteness. After the parade was the best part, this should totally be done in St. George !!!
First a little background. As people gathered I noticed that everyone had HUGE buckets of water, lots of squirt guns and some even had trucks with the back full of water . I wondered "What was that all about?" I learned after the parade... they have what they call a WATER PARADE! The firetrucks, street cleaning trucks and a lot of floats with water, water guns (and they were not afraid to use them) came down the parade route and soaked everyone! There was a "DRY ZONE" where we were able to watch. Everyone was into this HUGE water fight...if you were in the street you were fair game! It was way fun, the boys loved it (they mostly watched from the sideline with Monster Squirt Gun envy!) I had no idea how much fun a community water fight was...maybe in a few years the boys can participate fully.
We then went to the Family Festival, where Kelly V. had a booth with Lia Sophia. It was great to see her there. They had 6-7 huge blowup slides and jumping booths that was FREE, so the kids spent a lot of time there. We all went home to take a nap, so we would be ready for the FIREWORKS! We again had awesome seats, and this year Parker and Jordan loved the fireworks. Papa gave Parker some "Gun Range" headphones...he loved to see the show, he just didn't want to hear it ! Jordan was really excited, but only make it a few minutes and then fell asleep...who falls asleep at a Firework show :)
The next day we went to the Francoms for a great BBQ and party. The boys loved the huge backyard, the trampoline and the fun games. Thanks Daryl and Jon for the fun time!!!
I LOVE THE 4TH OF JULY !
![]() |
| A free slideshow by Smilebox |


1 comment:
Wow! That sounds like quite the parade! Maybe we'll come with you next time!!!
Post a Comment