Thursday, December 8, 2011

Taleah's Big Day

With lots of family on both sides here in town, we decided it would be the perfect time to bless Taleah. Grandma Kathy and Papa, Chandra and her boys were staying with us. Chandra was such a help with the decorating and Grandma Kathy is Super Woman with her abilities to pull off a great party.

The first miracle of the day was that Taleah's beautiful blessing dress fit her perfectly (10 days before it was too big) . We are so fortunate to have so much support of friends and family, Taleah was surrounded by lots of handsome men... who luckly didn't drop her with the slippery dress;) Ryan gave a beautiful blessing, he gave perfect advice and blessings that was truly meant for our little angel. I was told that Taleah was awake and staring at her Daddy the entire prayer, like she was listening intently to what he told her. And as always, no crying...she is the most perfect baby. I was overwhelmed with gratitude for my wonderful husband and father of my children, for the priesthood that he holds and honors. As I watched him with tears in his eyes hold his tiny daughter in his strong hands , she looked at him and smiled. I was in awe, how am I so blessed? I thank the Lord for all my blessings, my wonderful boys,my beautiful-miracle baby girl and my sweet husband.



We had a yummy lunch of Potato bar (thanks Grandma Kathy for the yummy Idaho potatoes), a wonderful salad and awesome casserole by Chandra, Pies from the Francoms and Muirs and a great apple crunch from Grandma Sylvia.
Yummy !

Taleah spent the day being loved and passed around. She was perfect...I think she liked the spotlight!


This is a picture I have titled "The Jeans". I hope that Taleah can live up to her namesakes! My Grandma Jean is and has always been my best friend and hero. As a child I felt honored when she wanted to be my "partner" on trips. I learned to listen to and respect her advice, and I always strive to make her proud of me. She would always ask my friends who their parents and grandparents were, and would always find some relative that she knew. I think she knows half of Davis county, and anyone with ties back to the Redmond area. There was no one I would rather name my daughter after, I am truly Grandma's girl! Also pictured is my wonderful Aunt Daryl, whose middle name is Jean. She is a fighter and recently conquered breast cancer. I am grateful for her, and the boys love their "MY DARYL".

My sister took some beautiful pictures of Taleah in her dress so that I could print them up...
the problem is I love them all, how will I choose!




















Thanks to everyone who was with us and for the love and support!

1 comment:

Alli E. said...

So precious! Beautiful dress! And I love "The Jeans"! How neat!