Friday, July 27, 2012

CAMPING

Yep, you read correctly the Schudde clan went CAMPING, and not just once... TWICE... in a row, that's right TWO weekends in a row! I will give those of you who know me well a moment to get over the shock and pick up your jaw............ Alright, I hope you all recovered :) I am proud to say that I survived (even with a baby) and may even be willing to go again on another adventure. We had some good friends from our ward invite us to go camping with them in Bryce Canyon. The fact that there were showers and flushing toilets helped in the decision making, and then they told us there was a pool ...who could resist that! We got there and set up our new tent (thanks Mom) and partied all night. I was really grateful that there was a baby in the next camp over that cried a lot...so everyone thought that the Taleah crying in the middle of the night (when Parker kicked her in the head) was not us. We had lots of great food and a yummy chocolate/cherry cobbler by Ryan that was to die for. The boys loved to play with the fire and then jump into the pool to wash off all the smoke and soot (I'm just glad that we didn't start another forest fire!) Taleah was again a wonderful baby, although I think camping may not be her thing either :)

Yummy Food !

Fun with Friends

The second day we spent in Bryce Canyon.  It had been awhile since Ryan or I had been there and the kids had never been there, so it was wonderful to see it's amazing beauty.  Although I don't remember being so nervous about the steep cliff edges before...I guess that comes with being the Mommy.  Ryan and Parker went with the Ashcroft boys on a super hike...Jordan,Taleah and I hung out with the rest of the Ashcrofts eating and playing games.  What a great day !

Here is a link to a video that Justin made of our adventures
  http://bit.ly/Lrn58A

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Then the next week we were lucky enough to meet my Mom, my brother Jon,my sister Amanda and her family at the Palisades Park for some camping fun and to see the Manti Pageant. We found the coolest tree that had a branch right on the ground that you could walk on...I loved watching the cousins playing on it together.  It is funny because I remember camping here with my cousins and finding a cool tree just like this that we all climbed on and took a "Family Tree Picture"...I'm sure it's not the same one, but interesting how cool the trees are here :)

We had an amazing campsite, right on the water.  The kids had a blast swimming, canoeing, fishing and hunting for tadpoles. We even saw a beaver swimming right by us!

 We had a wonderful experience at the pageant...it was Ryan's first time.  Most of the children fell asleep, but not Parker he LOVED it!  The special effects are amazing, I think they have really improved and expanded them.  Jordan loved the Fire and Volcano and Parker loved the battle scenes between the Nephites and the Lamanites (of course)  :) The next morning we awoke to the most beautiful scene of the sunrise over the calm lake. I just glad that the huge fires all around us didn't get to us :)
 
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook

1 comment:

Alli E. said...

I am shocked and so impressed at the same time!!