Wednesday, February 29, 2012
My Domestic Diva Adventure
So, first I want to say that our computer is a little sick (like the rest of the world) so I have a little catching up to do. I know that this post looks like something that belongs in Aug/Sept, but this adventure happened in Feb. We were able to get a great deal on fresh tomatoes from Bountiful Baskets and thought...why not let's try to follow the great examples around us and bottle them. Ryan and I tried stewed tomatoes (14 bottles)first and that went really well, then we did 28 bottles of juice and then got really brave and did 24 jars of salsa ! We had 100% success rate and had fun learning together. I must say that the salsa is our favorite and we can't stop eating it, not very good for food storage...it won't last long at this rate! Thanks everyone who helped us and gave much needed advice! Thanks Mom for lending us your equipment. Stop by for some chips and salsa!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment