Wow, how has seven years flown by so fast? It seems like just yesterday, and yet I can't remember a time that Parker wasn't a instrumental part of my life. Was it really seven years ago that we announced our little MIRACLE with this ultrasound, I remember I couldn't stop smiling (between nauseous grimaces :) Then our sweet little Parker came into our lives and completed us. I remember Ryan saying "Now, together we are a family" as we sat watching our precious baby that first morning. I thought the first time I saw his perfect little face," wow, look what I did!" I've been thinking that ever since :) Parker came into this world with his larger than life personality and zest for life, he has always been the center of attention and has always had a love for everyone around him. I feel so blessed to be this little man's "Mommy" and I am humbled by the awesome responsibility I have to raise this chosen son of our Heavenly Father.

P.S. Who are those young parents with that beautiful baby?
Seriously have we really aged that much in these short seven years !

On to our CRAZY ANGRY BIRDS celebration of Parker's big day. All the stores in town were out of Angry Bird decor, party favors, etc...so I started making my own (the DAY BEFORE!) The most difficult was the pinata (I had to get it to dry), but when it was all said and done I think everything turned out great and we were ready to PARTY? Ryan found this amazing Angry Bird set and we were ready for the 26 fun-seeking children!

I made party bags for the kids with the different birds on them, this was their flock for the day...and really helped us to "divide and conquer". We had two "flocks" play the life size Angry bird game while the other two played our other games. The "Pigs" had put our eggs in the water so we had to use our "wings" (elbows) and save as many eggs as we could. The kids had a lot of fun with this, although we had some really wet kids after :) We also had to handle our eggs carefully as we tossed them between friends, they sure make a splash when we dropped them :)

The super fun life size Angry Bird Set!
We sure had a lot of fun, we even had older siblings and parents join us after for some fun ! I love the looks on their faces...such concentration and determination.

Off to take a final swing at that king pig.
He didn't last long with these big hitters...I was a little afraid for my life (as you can see in the picture)

We then had "egg" cupcakes and sang "Happy Birthday". It was a successful party and fun was had by all! Thanks to everyone who came, to those who helped and to Parker for being such a fun friend.



1 comment:
Looks like loads of fun!!
Post a Comment