Monday, September 3, 2012

Simple Mathematics !

One Crazy Rain Storm + One Empty Dirt Lot *One Cul-De-Sac full of boys =
A Heck Of A Good time/ One Huge Laundry Mess !

That's right, there are BOYS underneath all that mud.  After a day of rain, the boys in the cul-de-sac couldn't wait to tryout the "mud pond" in the empty lot next to us.  I knew I was in trouble when the boy across the street came over to get the boys after school in super old clothes and rain boots :)  I made the boys change, kissed them good-bye and closed my eyes (I told myself this IS what boys did)  An hour of so later, I went out to check on them...I could smell the testosterone in the air !!!  The boys started digging, went to sitting/laying in the mud...then progressed to a mud slip-n-slide !  Wow, were they having fun and loving every minute of it.  When they were done I hosed them off on the grass, and sent them inside. I'm glad they had so much fun, I'm grateful for the rain that we so needed and I said a little prayer in my heart for the modern blessing of a washing machine :)  I know that there were at least 5 houses in our circle, whose washers were working overtime trying to clean away a fun afternoon wallowing like pigs :) 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

That looks awesome! And of course it's fun for the boys. They get all the rolling, slipping and sliding and mom is stuck with the wash :)