Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hiking Red Cliffs

Last weekend we went hiking in the Red Cliffs area. The weather has been so great this spring, it hasn't been to hot and we have been able to get out a lot. The boys are becoming great little hikers, if only the cursed allergies would leave us alone it would be great! There was tons of water, with beautiful water falls and pools. People were cliff diving and sliding down rocks (nature's own water slides), the water was deep and freezing! I only got my feet wet, but the boys loved playing in it. One guy repelled down right over us, the boys thought that was so cool ! I love this beautiful place, we are so blessed to live here! I think is it easy to forget what an amazing place we live in when we see this beauty everyday, It is nice to get out in it and enjoy .

Posted by Picasa
P.S.
On my way out to Hurricane the other day, I noticed gorgeous pink flowers growing along the freeway. Does anyone know what they are called? I would love to plant some in my yard! Obviously they can survive our climate (we won't kill them) and they are beautiful.
I guess this is the trivia question for the day.

1 comment:

Regi said...

I love Red Cliffs! I wish we lived closer so we could go hiking with you and your boys. They are getting so big.