Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Happy Mother's Day to Me and to all the other great Mom's out there. I am a little late with my post...but better late than never, right?
This year Mother's day was hard for me, it started with yet ANOTHER negative pregnancy test :( Which then started the hormonal crying that was almost uncontrollable. I know that stress can have an effect on fertility, but after 1 1/2 years trying, 2 miscarriages and lots of months of Clomid...what can I say, it's a little stressful. I feel like a death every time that test is negative, and like I have failed Ryan and my family. The boys are so cute praying for a baby sister, Parker tells me often that Jesus is going to bring us a baby sister...oh to have the faith of a child! After crying all through church...it makes it difficult to accompany the primary is sacrament and singing time, I had a wake up call. My sweet Husband and boys surprised me with TWO new chairs to go with our new table (seats for 8 now !) and a great BBQ chicken dinner. Parker made me a beautiful basket of flowers at school and a gorgeous lei in church. Jordan gave me a little bag of kisses and hugs, and some real ones too. I am so blessed to have two great boys! They are the world to me, and I am humbled and honored that Heavenly Father would trust me with their raising. Jordan can always melt my heart with his little caress and "Mommy I just love you" and Parker can brighten any day with his big smile, hearty laugh and "love ya, Mom." I have also been blessed with an amazing Husband, who has been a great companion and I love him so much. I am also grateful for the legacy of amazing women in my family. My Mom is the perfect example of Christ like love and service, she is an amazing woman...I only hope that I can live up to her example! Grandma and I have always had such a special relationship, we have always been best friends. I admire her strength and wisdom, she always made me feel special and loved. Anyway...I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. Love ya all !

Me on my new chairs, with my lei, bouquet, kisses and hugs!





Me getting love from my boys !
That night Parker and Jordan decided that there was something wrong with the couch. So the brought out all the tools and got to work. This is serious business.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read your Mother's Day blog - I couldn't see any pictures. It was written beautifully. I'm so glad that you can pause and count your blessings - I'm going to follow your good example.
Love, Mom

Kelly V. said...

I'm sorry that you didn't have a better day but how great that your boys took good care of you! You are an awesome mom and friend! Love ya!