Monday, September 27, 2010

The Last Days of our Coast to Coast Adventure

We had a fun day visiting the sites in San Diego. We went to the beach where the cousins were attempting to surf. They were actually doing very well, my boys were fasinated. Parker and Jordan even attempted the skim board, they didn't go far but they looked and felt good!

Jordan with his serious face on!

Just enjoying playing in the sand and dodging the "cold water".

We then got to go to the new Mormon Battalion Visitor Center. It was so cool, the interactive and entertaining presentation is wonderful! I won't go into lots of detail, I want you to all enjoy it...and all the surprises. One funny story, at one point in the presentation they dress the children up in army uniforms and supplies. Parker was thrilled when she put a canteen on him...until he saw her bring out the bayonet , he quickly took off the canteen and traded for the "sword".

We had tons of fun panning for gold and making bricks. We were lucky enough to have Kelly's sister as our Sister Missionary tour guide. It was fun to see her and she was so cute with the boys.

Check out the smile box for all the pictures of this day.



Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook



Personalize your own scrapbook

2 comments:

kami said...

Your back East tour was incredible. I love that your boys were so spiritual at the historical sites. Also...I'm glad that you were there for Laura. He's sure a cute baby!

Christina said...

You guys got to do so many fun adventures this summer - I am jealous! It looks like you guys saw a lot of history and had a lot of fun!