Yes,after many great years...we had to sell the CRV and grow into a mini-van! We purchased the CRV when we were expecting Parker and realized that his carseat didn't fit into the back seat of the Mustang convertible. At the time, I couldn't imagine that I would EVER want to drive a mini-van and therefor we settled on the "sporty" CRV. We have liked the CRV and have had many great times as a family together in it, but... it was time to "Grow up" and be a Mini-Van Mommy! I think the realization hit me on two occasions. First when we saw how hard it would be to fit THREE carseats in the backseat and Second when we were asked to join Parker's baseball carpool and had to say "well we could take ONE more"!
So, this weekend we headed up to SLC. We were so blessed to find a buyer for the CRV (I know she went to a good home) and found this beautiful new Odyssey. We were planning on buying a used 09-10, but with the used prices still being high (I guess it's good they hold their value so well) and the amazing 0.9 financing on the new vans...we ended up with a 2011 for almost the same price and have the benefits of a new car with all the best in new technology. The boys are so excited for their new "SLIDE-DOOR VAN" (this is what they have been calling vans for awhile now) and have told everyone they see about the new car. Ryan loves all the new computer technology and is excited to show it off. Me ? Well... I love all the ROOM, the ease of getting kids in and out, the new leather seats (I hope they are easier to clean) the back-up camera and the new car smell :) I must say the drive up was a little brutal (we are spoiled with flying), but the new van ...and the DVD player really made the trip enjoyable (well almost!)
It was a little cooler "up North" (okay a LOT colder), in fact it SNOWED on Monday morning. I heard the boys wake up and see the snow, it went something like this...
PARKER : "Jordan is snowed last night...it must be Christmas!"
JORDAN: to the tune of Jingle Bells " It's Christmas Day, it's Christmas Day..."
They have always thought that to have Christmas you must have TWO things...Grandma's house AND snow! The boys had a fun time playing in the snow, thanks Grandma Kathy for providing boots and jackets ( we had flip-flops and no jackets...hey I thought I was being cautious bring long pants!) We went to breakfast at SILLS (got to love the scones) and went for a walk at the Layton park to see the ducks. The Ducks were all out and all over, it was fun to be so close to them... until we were chased by a HUGE black swan!
Then we headed home again, and after traveling through the rain and HAIL storms it is great to be home again in the 90 degrees!




3 comments:
Welcome to the "mini van club"! It's the best!
Only cool moms drive minivans, especially Odysseys, ha! You will love it! Ryan even admits to enjoying driving ours, even with the masculine "lia sophia" magnet on the back! I love the picture of Tyson trying to tune everyone out, BTW!
Congratulations on becoming a Mini Van Mom! It was so hard to accept the fact that we had to get one if we all wanted to travel together...BUT...I'm so glad we have a van. Odyssey's are the best!
Post a Comment