Sunday, May 1, 2011

We are pleased to announce the opening of SCHUDDE PARK

Finally the playset/swingset is DONE !!!!! We were so excited to get a bigger yard and couldn't wait to buy the huge playset at COSTCO when they came out this year. We thought it didn't matter if the yard wasn't finished yet, the boys would love to play/climb and swing anyway. So, we bought the set in 7 boxes and began the SAGA of the PLAYSET! The first two weekends were rainy so no progress, then we had a beautiful Sat. Ryan and Jeremy spent 4 hours (some of that was complaining about the ambiguous instructions) and finished the climbing wall and bench. Well, apparently this was going to take longer than expected.

After a few weeks, Ryan Tyson and Matt our brother in law, spent a morning and got the tower up. It became apparent that we couldn't just work on the weekend and Ryan and I would spend the evenings that I wasn't working...building the "Park". I became quite good at using the power tools, thanks HGTV for all those hours of training :) Putting on the roof, pretty sure pregnant women should not be on a ladder, holding and lifting up a roof top, thank goodness no incident happened and we were successful!



Then we had a few rainy weekends, and Ryan's accident. Apparently a sprained ankle puts a wrench in building plans :) Anyway, after a few weeks of healing Ryan and Jeremy got back to work and finished the crows nest and swing area. The boys were SOOOO excited!



Ryan and I finished the slide ( a very difficult job to put 85 screws into 9 pieces of plastic and make a twirly slide!) Then Ryan and Tyson spent an evening hooking the slide on and finishing it up. We are so proud and grateful for all the help from everyone. The boys and neighborhood kids are loving the SCHUDDE PARK, it seems the most popular game is cops and robbers and pirates.


PS. I have a new and even greater respect for those of you that have built your houses! We could barely survive a playset!

4 comments:

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

I'm impressed! Seriously, the makers of these kids toys must think that when you become a parent you also automatically gain a contractor's license.
Good work.

Alli E. said...

Congrats to a job well done! It turned out great!!!

Christina said...

Now I know who to call when we finally get ours! Great job - it looks like a fun park :)

kami said...

Now that's what I call a PROJECT!!! It looks great and I hope it provides hours and hours of fun for the boys;