I Love Christmas! It has always been my favorite, and it gets even better with children to share it with! I love the excitement and the anticipation, the wonder and all the "what ifs" and of course the Magic that comes along with every Christmas. This year was no different! One day we were sitting around the table eating dinner and when Jordan wouldn't finish his veggies I said something to the like of "I'll have to tell Santa when we see him tonight" ( we were going to a party that night) well that lead to quite a discussion (and Jordan cleaning his plate). I said Santa is watching and that Santa also calls Mommy's and Daddy's to check up on things as well. Parker was listening on the side lines and then I saw him crying. When I asked him what was wrong he said "Now I'll get NOTHING for Christmas!" I guess he thought he could hide from Santa but Mommy knows everything...I guess self assessment is hard at any age! Then a few days before Christmas Jordan piped up out of now where "Christmas time is SO hard" when I asked him what he meant he said "It is SO HARD to be GOOD all the time!" I guess Santa watching is a good motivator, to bad as children Santa watching is much more concerning than Jesus watching :)
Well, Santa was so good to us...the boys are such wonderful boys! Christmas was full of Legos, Iron Man/Super Heros with a Sprinkle of Princess and Butterflies!
Well, Santa was so good to us...the boys are such wonderful boys! Christmas was full of Legos, Iron Man/Super Heros with a Sprinkle of Princess and Butterflies!
More presents ?! Unwrapping gifts with cousins is always a fun and crazy time!
This year we had the chance to Skype with our Uncles that couldn't be with us. Uncle Nate is serving as the Navy Doctor on a Ship, he was in Singapore in port so we spent a lot of time on with him. He was able to watch his boys and then our boys open Santa. It was so good to talk to him, my boys think he is a super hero just like SuperMan. One of his ships jobs are to hunt down pirates...Parker and Jordan are in heaven dreaming about the adventures he will have :)We also got to Skype with Uncle Jon (I mean Elder Smith), what a wonderful time we live in, to be able to see and talk to him. He looks wonderful and I'm sure he was surprised how everyone has grown! Taleah was glad to meet her Uncle and I'm sure she looks forward to snuggling with him and wrapping him around her little finger like everyone else :)
Santa really came through this year. The boys saw some Power Wheels in a magazine this year and knew they MUST have them. They have asked for a year for some, but to no avail. Mommy and Daddy were not buying them, so the boys cut out the pictures and made a letter for Santa. They also took the pictures with them to see Santa, so that he would know EXACTLY which ones they wanted. The only problem was, Santa had already filled their wish list! Thank goodness, some were found in Santa's workshop at the last moment! Santa left a wonderful note at Grandma's house for the boys. He told them he had been watching and had talked to Mommy and Daddy AND school teachers...and because they were such great boys he had left a special present under the tree at home (because he knew that they couldn't take them home on the airplane) and then the boys found a picture of the "BEST PRESENT EVER"! They were so excited and showed everyone (at the house, on skype and anywhere else we went) When we got home they were out and riding them even though it was late, and haven't gotten off since!
Santa also brought helmets...hopefully we can keep from incurring any major injuries!







No comments:
Post a Comment