Saturday, January 21, 2012

Little Valley...

A Hurricane in Southern Utah, and I'm not talking about the city!!! We noticed last year when we moved in that the wind is always blowing, and seems to be blowing harder than anywhere else in town! I guess it is because of the bluffs around us, or because the neighborhood isn't mature yet with trees...I don't know but it is CRAZY here! Today was no exception, we had rain and wind on and off all day. Then this afternoon as we were leaving for Jordan's basketball game, we noticed that the wind was really picking up. River Road was full of tumble weeds and leaves blowing. Then we got a call from our neighbor saying the wind was really blowing and our trampoline was moving...well we thought she meant the net had come off and we told her we would be home soon and check it out.
THIS IS WHAT WE CAME HOME TO !!!
Who knew that the wind could pick up a trampoline out of a 4 foot hole (AND the legs were buried under rocks) and throw it over! Our neighbors said it almost went over the fence into the other neighbors pool. Well, Ryan and I braved the mud and risked our lives (I nearly fell/slipped into the hole) flipping the tramp right side up to discover this...

The net is shredded, but that is okay because the poles to hole it are snapped in two. The legs were pulled off and bent (remember they were buried in rock) but we got them back together. Parker and Jordan were horrified at what had happened, and Parker said "well I guess that's what happens when you have a parachute on it" For now, the trampoline has been put into quarantine until we figure out what to do ;)
So the lessons learned, don't underestimate the power of Mother Nature...and to watch out for flying trampolines on a windy day in Little Valley !
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

That is crazy! I was feeling the wind too but we didn't have anything that drastic happen.

Alli E. said...

Holy Cow!! I had a little plastic pool blow out of our backyard one day, but a trampoline buried in rock... Wow!!

Anonymous said...

This happened to us in the last wind storm and bloew our Trap 500 Ft over the fence past Bishop Forbes house. Totally lost poles and ruined the outside net. Crazy wind!