Another fabulous Christmas Eve Party at Grandma G.G.'s house, a family tradition that I cherish. I love the feeling of nostalgia, of being surrounded by family and knowing that IT IS CHRISTMAS and that YOUR ARE LOVED. As long as I can remember we have had a family get together at my Grandma's house Christmas Eve, everyone is there (unless they are serving missions) and we have "one heck of a good time"! The activities have changed and morphed as we have. I remember early childhood (being the oldest) after the presents were unwrapped being put to bed so the adults could play games. We have reenacted the Christmas story (many cousins have starred as Jesus, although I was ALWAYS Mary :), have had a pinata (until that proved TOO dangerous-ask Craig and Jessica) had talents shows and races sliding down Grandma's stairs ( a tradition my kids love-thanks Eric for showing them:) We have acted out "Twelve Days of Christmas" (humorous to say the least!) and laughed at our selves as we look at pictures and videos of Christmas' gone past.

This year the kids made fun Ginger Bread Men (thanks Grandma Kathy) and spent the rest of the time running the basement (best not to know what happened!) We opened the Huge Pile of presents and enjoyed each others company ( as we are spread out over the nation, we cherish this time together) Taleah loved being passed around and was awake all day and evening so that she didn't miss a thing :) Jordan and Parker loved helping pass out the presents and were really excited for their awesome gifts. Thanks everyone!



No comments:
Post a Comment